Dressing for the office can be difficult - especially as offices enable employees to wear more dressed down alternatives. There's a fine line between business casual and casual and we're here to help. Recently we gave a presentation at Fortune Brands in the suburbs of Chicago, helping their employees with a newly implemented "Dress for Your Day' workplace dress code which allows them to wear jeans as long as it still looks professional.
Ten pieces can make all the difference when it comes to injecting some life into your workplace wardrobe. With just ten great essentials your stylist cam create a variety of outfits using our Fashion Math Lookbook in the Ready Pretty platform! Take the guesswork out of getting dressed each morning and start with your stylist today! START NOW.
Did you know?
- 75% of recruiters believe that how a person dresses for work affects one's job, salary, and possible promotions
- 55% of another person’s perception of you is based on how you look.
- It only takes 7 seconds to make a first impression!
- 55% based on how you look and act
- 7% based on what you actually say
A few tips for getting denim right in the workplace:
- Opt for darker hues: Not only do they offer a slimming effect, but they look more pulled together. Avoid rips, distressing and other bold embellishments.
- Look for mid-to-higher rise: Step away from the low-rise denim and avoid an awkward situation at the office!
- You’ve got options: Cropped, kick flare, flared, straight, skinny and wide-leg trousers
- Length matters: If you're wearing skinny or straight denim, make sure it hits you at your ankle bone. Flare or trouser cuts should hit at your very top of your shoe (preferably a heel).
- Keep it basic: Let your other pieces build a story around your denim